Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my friend were going to pick drop off a trailor when I accidentally filled gasoline into his main tank 20.00$ to be exact we started driving not even a mile it was dieing and all that stuff so we drained the tank, flushed the lines and got a new fuel filter and got it going again and now it hasn鈥檛 been driving the same every time you let off the acceleration it feels like if the transmission is slipping...
What all can be damaged if the truck was drove. Let鈥檚 say 10 miles or more with gasoline instead of diesel 馃槥

Project Shamu
The fuel injectors themselves can be damaged internally, I dont think any other parts of the fuel system could be bad, as theres not much to it.

Someone else might have a better suggestion, but I think they need to get pulled and tested/inspected.

Registered
I would just dump a quite a bit of a lubricating additive into the tanks if you haven't already.

But your symptoms don't sound fuel related.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel injectors themselves can be damaged internally, I dont think any other parts of the fuel system could be bad, as theres not much to it.

Someone else might have a better suggestion, but I think they need to get pulled and tested/inspected.
I differently will check that out but you think it鈥檚 normal to let go of the gas and to feel the truck just down shifting hard or jerking

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I would just dump a quite a bit of a lubricating additive into the tanks if you haven't already.

But your symptoms don't sound fuel related.
Yeah I already did thanks for letting me know I appreciate your help

Project Shamu
Well the fuel could be preigniting, which is good for diesel, bad for gas, which could be causing problems.

Idk this stuff well enough though, I'm just pulling sh!t out my a$$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts