Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
strokerpwr
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7.3 in my f350 with about 250,000 miles and only get about 11 mpg I am on my second turbo and think that the aftercooler could be clogged would by passing this help or hurt the mileage? Also would keeping the wastegate open/closed help or hurt the? any other tips to help me get mileage would be awesome!! ThaNKS

·
strokerpwr
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the aftercooler might be clogged from last turbo blowing apart! wat will happen by passing it? No codes are showing anything.

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
if your worried bout the intercooler being clogged go get a new one, they can be found on craigslist like crazy around here 7.3 ones going for bout a 100 and 6.0 ones are about 150-200

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
I think the aftercooler might be clogged from last turbo blowing apart! wat will happen by passing it? No codes are showing anything.
More than likely this has damaged the ingniters on your afterburners. I would start there.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Could be the flux capacitor......you know how those things like to burnout......

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
what size tires? what gearing? do you have a chip? are your brakes dragging? are the tires filled with enough air?

bypassing the intercooler would be a no-no.
ok any answers to my other questions? what style of driving do you have.... do you drive it like you stole it or like you own it? flooring it from stops and hard on the brakes will yield lower mpg.

·
strokerpwr
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its a family truck we tow a camper with it but we dont beat the hell outta it, the gearing 3:73 gears if that sounds right, the ones not made for towing, chip is notin special, and when im under 2000rpm i can run 18 on the freeway but past that i can watch it fall. so 60 mph vs. 70

1 - 20 of 22 Posts