Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 F450 6.4 Diesel that had a significant amount of gas put in an empty tank. My insurance company replaced the fuel system..$12,000.00 worth.At that point I asked them why they didnt just replace the motor. Now 30,000 miles later engine is toast. Front right piston has white marks all over it and there are large score marks. Shop asked me if it had ever been run with gas. I told them yes and he said because of the white marks created by excessive heat that this was probably the culprit. I realize that most cases that Ive read about this usually happen sooner than later. I however have put 20,000 miles on this truck back in forth from Florida to Montana. Any ideas on why this took so long? Some say the damage from the gas basically hurt the life of my engine.. :(:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tony, you make me laugh, your avatar and then I can picture yourself doing the head banging that you always post when you welcome someone to the site... I also dont have anything constructive to add to this post O.P. but I had to say it.

Also, Welcome to the site, hope you get things taken care of.

·
Strokin Roughneck
118 Posts
Why would your insurance company be involved with mechanical repairs on your vehicle? Im curious maybe you know something that I dont.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I know some guys up north that will add about a gallon of gas to tank to keep it from gelling

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
when i was driving from NC to PA i filled my 05 with 19gallons of gas. all i had was diesel additive. i drove it the entire way home she never missed a beat ran just a smidge hotter but nothing to bad. Also my motor has been tore down and no diffrence. But maybe im just lucky LOL

P.S welcome to PSN

1 - 6 of 6 Posts