Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah calling and leaving messages doesn't seem to do the trick for the last ohhh i dont know how many months. I should try my luck with the lottery and throw the turbo in the garbage.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah calling and leaving messages doesn't seem to do the trick for the last ohhh i dont know how many months. I should try my luck with the lottery and throw the turbo in the garbage.
You never bought a turbo from us, the turbo was 2nd hand, originally purchased from a member of this forum a few years ago!

Warranty doesn't apply to you but we offered to rebuild the damaged unit & you thought the rebuild price was too high.

I honestly don't recall you trying & trying to get a hold of us, if so what were you wanting?

You have been bashing Elite Diesel about a turbo that you bought from one of our customers who bought the turbo from us a few years ago!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the turbo from a fellow member here on PSN. It was brand new! He bought one from you and it didn't last. so you guys covered him. I bought that vgt-ss turbo from him.

Installed on my truck lasted about 19 miles before it went south. Got the truck back home and found there was soot everywhere around where the 2 turbo halves go together with the band clamp (ASSEMBLY ERROR by Builder). so removed the turbo and put stock turbo back on. Truck is as good as new.

Called elite they said 1200 to fix it. Seemed a bit much on turbo they sell new for 2300 and didn't last one trip to the store.

So i took it to Bell turbo and he said he could fix it. well it sat on his shelf for 2 months before he decided that he couldn't get parts for it.

I'm not looking for warranty work (free repair) as i do not qualify but sure wouldn't expect to pay 1200 on your ERROR.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Whoever's ERROR it was is unknown being the turbo was never shipped to us for inspection but I will call you with details & options.

Thank you for providing details on the matter tho. rather than just "bashing" (seriously, thanks!)

TTYL Have a good day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts