Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a friend who is going to let me put a GT 45 on my truck. I am wondering on how the thing will spool with my stage 1's. I was thinking it would be very laggy, but I may try it just for fun. What do you guys think? Thanks

Reuben

·
Fat Kids Rule!
2,455 Posts
it wont spool well, i am looking at runing a gt45 with all my fuel

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
It will be very laggy...no doubt!!!!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Beside all the rest that has been posted how do you plan on mounting this thing? You know it doesn’t just drop or bolt right in; you need to either buy or fab up a mounting kit.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
It might be better to say that it will be slightly boosty instead of trying to come up with a way to express just how much lag it will have.

·
Dodges suck
247 Posts
ha ha!

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
If I remeber correctly Elmo used a GT45 on his turck with the big motor and went back to the GT42 because it wouldnt lite.......

Correct me if Im wrong please, but if right.....That about says it all for your stage ones cause we all know what that truck was capable of

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
That is a huge turbo. David had one on Snow White, and he had waayyy more fuel than you do. It seems like a lot of work to install the turbo, and have it not work worth a crap. Here is a picture from DI-

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Beside all the rest that has been posted how do you plan on mounting this thing? You know it doesn’t just drop or bolt right in; you need to either buy or fab up a mounting kit.
Got it covered, I allready have the mounting plate just need to fab up some up-pipes,IC connectors and oil supply/returns.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
I rode in Danny's truck with the 45. Wasnt all that bad. He had WAYYYY more fuel than a set of stage 1's though....
Didnt he run slower times at the track though ?.......Remeber readin it on here I think, and Dave said thats why they threw the 42 back on, just seemed to like it better :shrug: Either or.........None the less I think Dannys truck had a smidgeon more fuel then stage 1s.......Just a smidgeon ;)

That is a huge turbo. David had one on Snow White, and he had waayyy more fuel than you do. It seems like a lot of work to install the turbo, and have it not work worth a crap. Here is a picture from DI-

That is huge !

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what does everybody think that I should go with then? I am on a very tight budget but I do need to do something about a turbo. I have looked for an h2e but it seems they are few and far between. What about a gt42? Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
IMO H2E would be a better option, but still a little big. I'd just go with the stocker or a D66.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Your stocker should do those stage ones fine for now........Personally if your on the budget buy the D66.....If not an H2E..........Even a GT42 is big.....Thats what the ornage truck had on it, and by the calculators that was an 800HP truck.............a GT38R would be plenty of turbo for your truck

·
HP Junky
4,927 Posts
GT42 is a lot of turbo for most 7.3L's. Enough to support 550+hp.

Get that GT45 and use it as the primary turbo in a set of compounds :D

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IMO H2E would be a better option, but still a little big. I'd just go with the stocker or a D66.
Well being that I've been through about 4 stock turbo's I'm not putting another one on it. A D66 is a about 1k and if I can get an h2E cheap then I'm going to go this route.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts