Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide if I want to leave the 1.00 wastegated housing on my new turbo or go with the 1.15 non-wastegated with van flange. If I keep the housing thats on it I will do high flow outlet and turbo master wastegate. I am planning on medium oil and 175cc injecters in the future.

I appriciate your input.
Ted

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I run that setup. I have 180cc, big oil and GTP38R, spools up nice for me but I have not ran a 1.15 to comparre it to.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Get the 1.15 housing... Thats the only way that turbo should be sold. Its the only way I could run it on my truck without it surging all the damn time.

Get the 1.15 housing, you will love it.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I've ran the 1.0 then the 1.15 now back to 1.0.

I actually prefer the 1.0 myself.

I think your crazy...:D

What didnt you like about the 1.15? My wife is running it right now on the X with stock injectors and she loves it.:ford:

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
LOL! I dunno Joe. The 1.15 just didnt have the snap. Sure it pulled harder on top....but how often do you drive "top end"

EGTs were a lil better with the 1.15 (but I since upgraded IC so egts are now comparable with the 1.0)

I'm sure drive pressures with the 1.15 are better. I agree there.

Just weighing $ spent, performance etc......I like the 1.0.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
BTW I thought your wifes X has B codes? (per the readers rides pics in the new 8 Lug) :poke:

Congrats on getting both rides in there. :ford:

Ya... I saw that... and B codes and no oil...LOL I think they took the want list and added it to the have list... Still shows me with stage 2's as well...

Thanks thou!

I would be happier with a big TURBONETICS sticker on the windshield... but atleast they didnt say I was running a garrett:doh:

Maybe with some better tunes you would have been happier with the 1.15, I hear daves stuff is a little laggy...:pointlaugh:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
what about the compressor housing side?
did you ever try that...like dieselsite's 95 dollar mod.
ported garret bb housing .
is that worth a hoot.

I have seen a few of these pop up every now and then, what do they do?
would you want to do both,

and what is bwd high flow housing?
does that just get rid of more ebpv stuff

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
what about the compressor housing side?
did you ever try that...like dieselsite's 95 dollar mod.
ported garret bb housing .
is that worth a hoot.

It is for surge in the 30-36# range, nothing more. Mine would surge from about 10-20#'s to the point of stalling out.
I have seen a few of these pop up every now and then, what do they do?
would you want to do both,

and what is bwd high flow housing?
does that just get rid of more ebpv stuff

The housing elminates the EBPV, but if you have the 1.15 housing and the van adapter then you dont have the EBPV at all.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have driven a stock obs with a 1.15 and the lag is not that bad so I figure with more fuel in the SD and the BB turbo it would be pretty good. I also like the idea of no wastegate (one less thing). Also would you guys have Dieselsite port the compressor side or not with the 1.15. Would that take even more from the low end?

Thanks
Ted

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I would not do the ported housing...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Porting puts a band aid on the wound. With the 1.15 ported shroud isn't necessary unless you are trying to make more HP than the turbo was designed to support. Get the 1.15 add the required fuel and have a great turbo.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
well my instinct says for 95 bucks I would send it out for porting
especially the turbo was not on a truck.
surge will damage it , seems like the less of that the better....course i would like to have parts of it ceramic coated too...from my reading on BWD
but .... I have no real world knowledge of either.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Surge is function of the turbine. The compressor reacts to this action. 1.15 takes the surge away unless you are trying to make more HP than the turbo was designed for/can support.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well if I need to I can port it later but I will start out with out it and go with the 1.15 Ex housing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts