Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question, but are the Rancho shocks that are part of the FX4 package a different length from a non-FX4 package truck? My 06 F250 4x4 is on the OE Ranchos and I think it's time for replacement. Tirerack has Bilstiens listed for the F250, but does the FX4 package make a difference?

Thanks!

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Pull one end off the front and rear. Measure eye to eye. Go to the store do the same. different tow packages and just plain packages from Ford are different, but it might not be. use the tape.

another way to check is jack the truck up. 1 end at a time. gotill the tire is barely off the ground.(front then rear) measure bolt hole to bolt hole. this distance plus 3 to 4 inches for tavel. have to have travel added to the length or when you get the the end of travel it can and will blow your shocks out. let me know. Dave

·
Registered
551 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but are the Rancho shocks that are part of the FX4 package a different length from a non-FX4 package truck? My 06 F250 4x4 is on the OE Ranchos and I think it's time for replacement. Tirerack has Bilstiens listed for the F250, but does the FX4 package make a difference?

Thanks!
The FX4 package will have no effect. Just go ahead and order shocks for your truck. As long as you have not done a lift you will be fine. The Rancho shocks that come with the package are poop. Even Rancho will tell you anything else they have is an upgrade. Bilsteins are an excellent choice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The FX4 package will have no effect. Just go ahead and order shocks for your truck. As long as you have not done a lift you will be fine. The Rancho shocks that come with the package are poop. Even Rancho will tell you anything else they have is an upgrade. Bilsteins are an excellent choice!
Thanks! That's exactly the info I needed. And yes, the Bilsteins are excellent. My racing partnerput a set on his Duramax and the worked out great, even with a 44' gooseneck...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
We are a dealer ..PM me if I can help.

Cary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts