Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts
Your gonna spend at least that much just doing the conversion. And then you will spend probly another 10k just getting to your HP goal. I would just build up your 6.0 and make it reliable.
lol what?? 10k to get to 600hp in a cummins? Hell i must have the magic touch then with my 24v.

Keep your stock tranny, get the destroked tranny controller, engine mounts, adapter plate and tach kit.

im thinkin put the cummins in. i built mine to be reliable at 600hp but it still inst. get the funds and get a 12v. it wouldnt cost over ten to get a stock cummins in it and to add alittle hp for now theres simple things u can do to the 12v to get a lil extra snort for now then in the future upgrade it as u go.

just my .02 i took my 6.0 and tried to make it reliable but its just really hard to do. and im not a dodge or cummins guy at all. hate them but sometimes the truth is the truth. if i could do it over id get a cummins......
or if i could do it over i woulda traded for a 6.4 before i put all this money in the 6 blow... But i still love my truck broke or not :ford::ford::ford:
maybe it hasn't somthing to do with who worked on it:poke:

okay master tech u wanna work on it? go for it. all im sayin is its pretty well know that a strait 6 is just a more efficent engine and cheaper to work on that was the ? and my opinion was givin. no need to talk about who works on it. if u knew my whole story u would say that my shop treated me very very well and they really did. im just saying they are expensive to get there everything has to be changed to hanndle 600hp all day long. its more then studs and a deleate kit and tunner. its one thing to the next. not because my modified parts broke but because the modified parts beat the hell outta the next stock part in its path so its never ending. I like my shop so please dont down talk them. thanks

but really if u know what to do when it breaks again u can give it a go and see if she holds. idc who works on it all long ans its worked well. i just dont like down talking on people. unless they f ed u over u really dont have a right to talk down on them and joining the bandwagon. i like to be treated nice so thats how i treat people and id never talk down on someone!!! dont take my post the wrong way im just sayin

but really if u know what to do when it breaks again u can give it a go and see if she holds. idc who works on it all long ans its worked well. i just dont like down talking on people. unless they f ed u over u really dont have a right to talk down on them and joining the bandwagon. i like to be treated nice so thats how i treat people and id never talk down on someone!!! dont take my post the wrong way im just sayin
understandable, id love to take a swing at it and look the parts over that were hurt in the process of upgrading towards your horsepower goal, theres nothing wrong with a cummins motor i just don't like them..... always been a ford/ih guy.... do you have pics of the destroyed parts?

ya well dodge is junk and no im not a fan or cummins either!!!!! no no pics but the heads are cracked all ways they said!!! total junked. i wish u did live closer u seem intellegent and id let u wrench on it!! this is the only problem ive had with the truck is the heads blowing after they did there work.....
ive decided that its the oil cooler that made them blow and it was my fault not getting it replaced in the first place so thats what im doin then two new heads

Why wouldnt it fit??? There have already been super duty's with duramax's swapped into them.
i'd like to see that, i would also like to just refer to it as an isuzu after installing it in a ford so it doesn't sound like they pulled a perfectly good engine for the pussification title of having a dirtyturd

hahaha!!! yeah i never seen that yet.... post a link?

My truck is roughly 550-575hp and is very reliable and dependable. I'd stick with the 6L. The 6L can be very reliable at 600hp.
thats where im at ish..... what exactly u got done?

SCT, afe stage II, exhaust, spearco, CFM+ large mouth, water injection, ARP, hypermax fire ringed heads, 64/71/70 non wastegated turbo, custom fuel system with 5/8 pickup tube, with FASS low pressure pump and fuelab high pressure pump with a regulated return, casserly 190's, suncoast trans with billet input, flex-a-lite electric fans

Strokin6L, what 1/4 mile times u getting out of that machine? Whose turbo are u running also?

never ran the 1/4. The turbo is a trusted performance turbo. last time i was at the track was back in '06 before i even had the SCT and i could only do a 8.91 with just edge, water injection, exhaust, and intake in the 1/8th. There is only an 1/8th mile track in my area. I would think that my setup now could put down a low 8 second run.

SCT, afe stage II, exhaust, spearco, CFM+ large mouth, water injection, ARP, hypermax fire ringed heads, 64/71/70 non wastegated turbo, custom fuel system with 5/8 pickup tube, with FASS low pressure pump and fuelab high pressure pump with a regulated return, casserly 190's, suncoast trans with billet input, flex-a-lite electric fans
so you went with fire ringing? what made u decide to do that? who did it for u? i was gonna do it but then guys on here talked me outa it. whats ur take?

so you went with fire ringing? what made u decide to do that? who did it for u? i was gonna do it but then guys on here talked me outa it. whats ur take?
Back when i did it there were alot of blown head gasket issues so i figured since i was pulling the cab to do studs, gaskets, fuel system, egr delete...i might as well get hypermax's fire ring kit and thought that would be the best. But now after a few years later knowing that just a set of stock gaskets with ARP's is all you really need if both the heads and block mateing surfaces are flat. I got the kit from hypermax....but i'm not sure if the sell it anymore cause i haven't seen it on their site. I had a local machine shop cut the grooves in the heads and i did everything else. The gasket and fire ring kit from Hypermax costed me $1000 and the machine work was $600, but if i was to do it all over again, i'd probably just do stock gaskets...just cheaper and not sure if fire ringing is really needed after seeing guys put down 1000+hp with them. But so far my setup is holding up just great for the last 5 years.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.