1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did a search and a couple of guys on here didn't like a couple of things.

1.) It supposedly screwed too far into the pan, therefore not allowing for a full drain.

2.) It stuck out far enough it was vulnerable to damage.

I am still considering it though.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
I've had one on my 05 for 4 years. Love it, and not a single issue. If that's going to get knocked off by an object when your driving, there's a 90% or better chance you pan was going to get damaged anyway.

Out of curiosity, how / what do you seeing knocking it off?

·
Mmh what next
211 Posts
I've had one on my 05 for 4 years. Love it, and not a single issue. If that's going to get knocked off by an object when your driving, there's a 90% or better chance you pan was going to get damaged anyway.

Out of curiosity, how / what do you seeing knocking it off?
Go down lots if lease roads and I could see a rock or tree nocking it off

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have had one on my 06 for 2-3 yrs now an love it. I probably don't get 100% of the oil drained but add the little bit to the HP oil and I don't see much difference.

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
Have one on my Evo, works great and hasn't ever been touched by road debris. (lowered as well)

I wouldn't really sweat the small bit of oil it would leave in the pan should the threads stick in to far, not like you'll ever get all the oil out durring a change anyways. (HPO system)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Doesn't the 6.7 already have a drain valve on the pan stock?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Had one on my 99 and 03, loved it. Now I don't see how it could work in the 6.7,, although it would be great if it did,,, you wouldn't get a bath in oil every time you changed it!
And it could be directed DOWN instead of BACK from the drain pan! LOL

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Doesn't the 6.7 already have a drain valve on the pan stock?
NO, not a "Drain Valve",, it's plug comes out with about 3/4 of a turn is all, and it's like a fire hydrant when it drains,,, sheesh. POOOR Design if you ask me!

·
Registered
224 Posts
NO, not a "Drain Valve",, it's plug comes out with about 3/4 of a turn is all, and it's like a fire hydrant when it drains,,, sheesh. POOOR Design if you ask me!
Fumoto valve with a hose on the end fixes the hydrant effect lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the valve for oil changes, But mine has a leak, small drip right out of the center of it. It says something about double O ringed to prevent leaks, but I still see it.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I have one...makes for getting samples easy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm going on over 2+ years on this valve, I'm the second owner on this EX and the original owner had this same valve back then....no leaks and it still.works like a charm.
I love it!

My 2 cents.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
We have one on every one of our Pete's at work (11).. I love them

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
09HD6.4,

Some of our work trucks have them installed, and of those are lower riding half tons, no issues so far. Some of those trucks drive to the rig 2 or 3 times a days. I have always heard good things about them, Im going to order one right now. I just did a search to find the name of the valve.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I like the idea but from all the dings and small dents in my oil pan from all the back roads and goat paths I drive on I would only trust it if it was made of SS as brass breaks to easy IMO.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I am a mechanic for the city of st. louis public buses and we have one on every bus on the road 600+ and have had no issues with them other than draining a 34 qt oil pan is a little slow LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts