Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing a p-pump 12 valve in the place that a V-10 use to sit on my 2001 F-350, what is the simplest way of setting up the lift pump? I have been told to leave the Ford fuel pump and use it as a lift pump to send it to the Cummins mechanical lift pump. Will the Ford fuel pump even pump Diesel? Have a clue what PSI it puts out? Or is there a better way without tearing out the entire system and replacing it with a frame mounted FASS or Air Dog pump and filter setup and tank sump?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I don't know about using the v10 gas pump,but others have used the PSD electric fuel pump.The 94-95 12V's can be run at a higher psi than the 96-98 12V's.I used a AD 165,made for a Dodge,on my 98 12V set at 45psi.I don't see why you couldn't use the fuel lines you have already though.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Whatever you do, don't feed the factory block mounted lift pump with another pump. If the diaphragm on the lift pump mounted to the 12v breaks, you will fill the crank with diesel. If it were me I would either get the pickup for your tank from a diesel superduty instead of the v10 fuel pump in there or mount a sump. Then plumb in a factory 7.3 fuel pump, or another good reliable lift pump (not airdog/ fass) and use the filter mounted on the 12v. Maybe mount a pre pump filter on the frame for piece of mind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to use my factory pick up and modify the draw straw and then run some push lock hose the the factory engine mounted lift pump and fuel filter setup? Anyone have a clue of what size tubing to run if I plan to be in the 400-500 HP range? I wanted to set up the push lock line so if I decided to do an electric frame mounted pump and filter setup I could simply cut into the line and install the new pump and bypass the factory one without starting from scratch again.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
You would have to look at the factory pick and see what if consists of because I have no clue. A draw straw would work great, if you can use one of the lines in the factory pickup as a return line. Also pushloc from the tank to the factory lift pump would work fine, that's what I have on my 12V dodge. I would run 1/2" for your feed, and a 3/8" return line, which should be plenty of room for the fuel your looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts