Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing to know if anyone knows the weights of the 7.3 and 6.0, fully dressed. I'm starting a project and am trying to figure out if I will be able to use off the shelf coil springs or will need to have some made. I have heard anywhere from 8-1000, but that's not really accurate enough for ordering springs. Technical quotes would be best.

Thanks!

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what are people doing for springs and spring weights?

The suspension system I was planning on going with is available for big blocks with 800lb springs. I went over my plans for the truck, and the motor weight, and I was told by the company's engineer that it was not possible, or safe?

Isn't Deranged running the ranger suspension? What about the 1/2 ton Dodge trucks with Cummins conversions? The Cummins weighs just as much.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i am running 400 lb spings in the ft and 250 lb springs in the rear. my truck weighs 3591 with me in it. FCDP ranger. we are playing with the spring rates right now. also getting the weight equal around the corners. i think the fts are alittle to much right now. im running a 6.0 eng. what kind of truck are you planning on building? im not sure what tims (deranged) weighs.

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
70 F100 SWB, it will be a long long time before I get anywhere with it. It's not even officially mine yet, just an agreement over the phone, I pick it up this weekend. It will be getting an 03-07 Crown Vic PI front end swap and the drive train could head any direction at the moment. I really want it to be diesel, but we'll see. I'm not building a fast truck, just a toy to be driven on the street, and sprayed at the track to run respectable times. I'm done watching at events, time to have some fun. I won't ever have the budget to go fast, but that's not always what its about.

This truck has the proper stance I'm after, and the Crown Vic PI suspension, the Poe Poe wheels are a dead give away.

I found these two pictures tonight, giving me faith the front end can handle the weight. It's 62-66 with a Crown Vic PI, bagged, and a Cummins.

Game on, time to locate a a donor drive train.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Is that truck in Colorado?

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Looks cool, minus the jobe style intercooler. I'm assuming you are going to do better then that lol.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts