Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
one_bad_6.7
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start out, Holy Smokes my arm is about to fall off!!! Today I proceeded to Wash and do a professional Wax job on my 2011 F250 PSD. I did a two bucket wash, then I spray detailed and clay barred the whole body and windows.. That made the paint soo smooth! FYI this is my first go at a 3 stage wax.. I don't have a good buffer so I did it all by hand, and I only have one hand... lol first stage was the compound, It went on easy and came off easy. My arm is already tired.. Second stage is a polish, this was the tuffest stage, it doesn't go on very smooth and you gotta use a lot of it, it took a lot of time. Coming off wasn't as bad, it drys decent and buffs off easier.. I really wanna stop at this point my arm is shot!!!! and the paint looks really good!! but I pushed on.. The final stage is the wax, the wax goes on really nice, its really oily and goes a long way! the instructions say you can buff it off immediately after spreading. This stage was the hardest to remove, it took a lot of buffing to get all of the residue off.. Now 6.5 hours later my arm feels like it wants to fall off!! but WOW!!!!!! my truck looks better then when I bought it!! The paint is so crystal clear, deep and sooo smooth!! I can throw a rag on the hood and it will slide right off. I am very impressed with Mothers system, and their clay bar. Although I am beat I feel like I have a brand new truck! My paint and windows are now ready for the winter months and any moisture coming down!! Well worth my time... This is the picture I got of it b4 it got dark..

·
one_bad_6.7
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you man! Pictures just don't do it enough justice tho... all I can think of now when I look at the picture is Black Fuel Mavericks or Moto Metals would make it look soo much more BAD A$$!!

·
one_bad_6.7
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its Mothers California gold ultimate waxing system 3 step, Pure Polish, Micro Polish and Glaze, (Pure Brazilian Carnuba Wax)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I can see you in the reflection of the picture taking the picture.... That definitely looks better than that time I used crisco....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
one_bad_6.7
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha!! Crisco? where did you hear to use Crisco?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I used some cheap azz wax one time on my old mini truck that was also black. Apparently it was still a little warm to the touch for the wax and wound up hazing and staying put. Naturally I google how to get it off since I didnt have a buffer at the time and sure enough there was an article that said to use crisco. It worked and worked well on the dried wax and getting it off, so I proceeded to do the entire truck since it was so smooth and shiny lol! And yes I made sure I used a micro-fiber towel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
one_bad_6.7
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, Well you cant beat that! its hard work waxing these big pickups, to spend the time and get bad results would really blow...

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you want a really good wax, try Zaino Bros. They have full kits with clay bar and all that kind of stuff. Their stuff is fully synthetic so it stays on the paint a long time. I've been using Meguiars wax for years, but after my friend showed me how well his Zaino paint job has held up, I am looking to spend the extra money. It's just a LOT of work to clay bar an entire big truck and then have to repeat the entire process with a wax. Very exhausting unless you're in really good shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts