Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
1,208 Posts
Years ago I worked in a engine machine shop building and repairing them, and everytime a head gasket blew there was always some gasket material missing from the hot gasses escaping.The material also became brittle at that area from the concentrated heat focused in a small area. And yes like 05 Harley stated the escaping gas will cut right into the cast iron block surface as well as the cylinder head if it goes long enogh.
You have a gasket start leaking whether its at the water pump or a clinder head, just putting a wrench to it is a JOKE.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
got a customer with leaky gaskets ksieckmann did urs quit leaking because he swears up and down it will fix it
No, they didnt work doing it one at a time with already blown HG's. I was told by quite a few that it would still work, so I tried it. But I immediately had to pull them out and do it right afterwards. If its already leaking just save the time and do it right, it doesnt take that much more time.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i agree to all of what everyone is saying i know its a joke but wth he is paying me to do it but i think i talked him into studs.... i know for sure that my heads are coming off ... ig its time to pull and pray.... the other pull and pray is more fun and just as expensive so i guess ill do both lol.....

61 - 63 of 63 Posts