Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I already know the implication of the 6.7 2016 delete, but I have a question regarding the def tank/def.

What do people do when the delete the truck, do they leave the tank on the vehicle, remove it or what? I don't want to leave the fluid in the tank because it will go off and crystalize, which will ruin the tank and the pump/heater assy. If I leave the tank on, should I remove the DEF and flush with clean water?

Any help on this would be appreciated. Also new to the forum, looks like a great place for advice.

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
I've never heard of there being a need to delete the tank. You wouldn't use it anymore, but I don't think its worth the effort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of there being a need to delete the tank. You wouldn't use it anymore, but I don't think its worth the effort.
Yeah, I don't think I want to go through the removal of the tank, just curious on what I should do with the contents. I don't want to leave the Def in the tank because it will crystallize after a while...

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Dropping the tank and associated harness wasn't a hard thing to do. You already dropped the DPF.....
I didn't want anything sitting in the tank for any significant period of time. When I read into the DEF system later on it seems as the lines are purged when you shut down the truck. Nontheless I'm glad I pulled the tank, lines, and harness all out. If I sell the truck, and someone wants it they are welcome to it all upon purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts