Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday it sputtered all the way home, today it doesn't run at all. I check power, ground and pulled the heat shrink to make sure a wire to a resistor wasn't broke. This pump was installed in July of 08. I sent an email to Fuelab and I'll keep everyone posted. I hope these aren't going to have the same life span as the A1000's.

41403-c Fuel Pump

So far I think mine's outlived the best time I ever got from an A-1000 by about 3 times over.

It may be on it's last leg for all I know, but hell, it's already won this battle IMO.

As for this:

Charles only talks about how much he drives. My truck has to go every day. It's so bad where I live I can't even get it towed.
:shrug:

I'm scratching my head here... because we both know that my truck is my sole daily driver and that it goes to work every Monday - Friday non-stop...

There's about a .000001% chance that I don't have some multiple of times more hours on this pump than you do that one.

For reference purposes.... what's your odometer reading these days?

:hehe:

But why the bs dig?

Oh, and if you actually want to talk to someone who knows what's up, you talk to the engineer, Ron. He designed the damn thing. That's the guy I worked with briefly on the control circuit when these things first came out and Lott got me one. Actually, it may have been before they actually "came out", can't remember. Anyway, since it's a brushless motor, the chances that you wore it out aren't likely. As was stated above, you likely had either a PCB component issue, or a problem with the external circuit where the "rat that swallowed a mouse" wires broke a contact on a resistor/cap or similar.

The first thing I would have checked after I verified power to the main leads was whether or not I had a good signal voltage to the speed control circuit. If so, you would know it was a board issue, if not, then you could have probably fixed the problem for ~ $0.01 worth of solder or ~$0.25 and a trip to the local electronics supply store to pick up a new resistor/cap or similar.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
It was a joke Charles but as always you have to take things the wrong way and try to prove your better than everyone else. You couldn't just post in the original thread? Were you afraid that your post wouldn't be noticed?

You really need some serious medication.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a joke Charles but as always you have to take things the wrong way and try to prove your better than everyone else. You couldn't just post in the original thread? Were you afraid that your post wouldn't be noticed?

You really need some serious medication.

Actually no, I only visit the site under this name and in Smack Talk, period... Those were the conditions made between me and Mike.

And that portion of your post seemed like a dig to me. If it wasn't, great. If it was and you've now decided it wasn't cool, great.

For my own curiosity, what was the exact part where I "tried to prove I was better than everyone else"?

On Edit:

I've re-read my post no less than 5 times now and all I see is my addressing the lifespan of my pump versus the two A-1000's it replaced, then addressing your comment about me, then me giving you an absolute sh*t-ton of quality information about what could have gone wrong, why, how to likely fix it without sending it back and who to talk to about it otherwise.

I still missed where I was expending effort into "proving I was better than everyone else". Most likely because that entire notion exists in your interpretation of my post, not in the actual text of the post itself.

One phrase, inferiority complex. Because I never said, nor implied that I was better in any way, shape or form in any part of that post. Unless you consider that my truck's odometer reading makes me believe I'm "better" than you?

:(

SOB, I thought we were cool. F it.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
Mine from the same test period is still kicking.
I know the early ones were extremely voltage sensitive, but those small issues have now been resolved .
I seriously doubt any issues with Kevin's are from being worn out, most likely an electronics issue and we all know that even the best engineered products can fail from a simple .01 piece of something on a bread board.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
Charles I will apologize, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were only allowed to post in smack talk.

If my truck was at the shop I would have taken the time to do more testing. It was stuck at home with roads too bad to have it towed. I only wanted to lay under it once and get it done.

·
Cummins Power
3,172 Posts
The day I started testing it by the time I had the heat shrink off my fingers were numb and hurting. Remember Charles I have a few years on you and the cold weather kills me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts