Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading a bunch of stuff from different people and talking to them about installing an after-market fuel pump I went and installed my fuelab 41402 on my truck and used the stock return line. Well I was never able to dial in my fuel pressure and had some issues with the pump blowing fuse's so I came to the conclusion that I needed a larger return line. I gathered up the stuff and installed a 3/8's return line and all is good now. Moral of the story don't tear out your factory feed line, use it as a return line so you don't have to run a new one.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I just ordered a fuelab and a 5/8" pick-up to run on a stock fuel system for now. Is there a way to dial down the pressure on the pump itself? Im worried about it being too much pump for the stock bowl/return and wiring.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a high and low setting on the pump. You are not suppose to daily drive in the high setting, it is only meant to be driven for short periods of time. You don't dial down the pressure of a fuel pump that is what your regulator does.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Well, Ill have a fuel pressure gauge so I can see what things are doing.

Were you able to use the factory pump wiring?

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not use the factory wiring I used the factory wiring to to trigger a relay with 12 gauge wires running to the fuel lab. I am also pulling my power directly from the battery. I know some people have used the factory wiring but I did not feel comfortable doing that.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Use the factory wiring to trigger a relay to provide power to the pump.

I wouldn't run a Fuelab with any part of a stock fuel system, it needs a 5/8" line from the tank and a 1/2" outlet line, with at least a 3/8" return line.

You can set the pump on the low speed setting, but it'll still be pumping about [email protected] IIRC.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts