Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't used the rear tank on my 96 for like 2 years or better now. Its been complety dry. I got a wild hair ttoday and filled it up. Do I need to worry about anything being in the tank since its not been used for so long? I'm running on the front tank now have kind of scared myself into what might be in the tank. Am I just too worried?

not sure if this thread is where it belongs or not.. feel free to move if need be

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just replaced my rear tank a few days ago and it has been used just as regularly as the front it's entire life and there isn't a thing at the bottom of the tank. During the replacement I got a good look at all of the components of the tank and there is a screen on the bottom of the fuel sucker ( can't think of the name right now) is pretty fine and I doubt anything worth worrying about is getting through that and if it does your filter up top will stop it so I would say no reason to worry and start using it there is really no reason to not use both tanks IMO. However if you are located in a rust inducing area you may find the tank will leak as it is steel and the tend to rust out. (especially if you have a 4x4 off road because the skid plate is holding the tank up and the steel on steel with salt getting caught in there makes it rust fast)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah rust sandwich just about sums it up because it is funny how it rusted only where the skid contacts the bottom of the tank and that is were the leak formed everything else hardly has any rust on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts