Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last few miles my truck would miss on a cylinder or two every now and then,then it got bad today one minute it will run fine then the next it will be on 4 cylinders,i noticed a gurgling noise coming from the tank(maybe i just never noticed it before?) on the way home tonight after i decided to fill the front tank full of fuel and its still having problems,i never use the rear tank.gonna go start syphoning fuel out now,can you get that sending unit out without pulling the tank?i hope i didnt damage the injectors with only 1000 miles on them.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
you can get to it by pulling the bed. but depending on how rusty the truck is, being in ny, might just be easier to drop the tank

edit: rob beat me to it.. there ya go

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well theres nothing wrong in the tank,there must be air returning to the tank making the gurgling noise.there are no fuel leaks anywhere on the truck,it has good pressure at the schrader valve yet when i pull the fuel filter out the bowl seems a little low. the fuel is about 2 inches from the top. any thoughts?im thinking of just replacing the fuel pump but dont really know if the pump will aerate the system anyway.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Know how many miles on the present pump? Since it is a mechanical 2 stage pump it might be time for a new one. Just a thought.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unknown miles on the pump,282k on the truck. should just get a new one i guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts