Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone make a modified in tank pickup with bigger lines? for both tanks? 3/8-1/2 inch

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Not that I'm aware of for a stock pickup.

I have the ITP Diesel 5/8" pickup in my tank, but if you want 3/8"-1/2", you'll need to make your own with some tubing and JIC fittings.

Dave

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been considering just going to a single 38 gallon tank and making a 1/2 or 5/8 pickup for it. Seems like less hassel than doing both.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I've been considering just going to a single 38 gallon tank and making a 1/2 or 5/8 pickup for it. Seems like less hassel than doing both.
That is what I have, and I like it.

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
fuel tank pick-up filter ??

Does the pick-up have a filter or sock on it? Is that replaceable?
Some day I want to drop my tanks and replace that and I have not seen it listed anywhere.

Thanks,

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Search fuel umbrella for threads and part numbers for that.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not use a manual selector valve I used to have one on my 78 it was prety god size if I remeber

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its not a filter its just an umbrella that keeps the pickup up off the bottom of the tank

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Its not a filter its just an umbrella that keeps the pickup up off the bottom of the tank

It does have a filter screen in it, and I think that is what he was thinking of.

As for a larger switching vlave, I couldn't find anything that was less than like $300, and I liked the idea of less things under the truck, so I went to a single tank.

AlaskaRednek did retain both tanks while running a Fuelab, last I knew he was still running a large tee fitting with a ball valve on each side to control the flow from one tank or the other.

Dave

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
Would you recommend replacing the umbrella if I drop the tanks? Sounds like there have been issues with them breaking.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think I would

1 - 14 of 14 Posts