Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my sig truck for about a year now. I have a few questions about the fuel tanks. Everyone keeps saying these trucks have like 18 gallon fronts and 19 gallon rears or what ever. My truck goes 400 miles on both tanks but heres the catch. I only put 26 gallons in when I fill up (both tanks combined). So hand calculated that around 15.3 mpg. Fuel gauge goes from full to empty so I dont think its the pickup tubes.

Any Help?

·
One Stroke @ a Time
268 Posts
My manual says my rear tank is only 14 gals I think. My front tank is larger. I'm in the same boat as you, although getting closer to the 18-19mpg range. I generally only put about 26-28 gallons at fill up but I try to not let it get much below a 1/4 tank in either. Good luck.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Same here, I can only get about 27 in there if I run them down just below a quarter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 97 f-250 and the rear take is 15gallons from E and 19 gallons from dry, the front take is 18-19 gallons from E and 23 gallons from dry.... they each hold for gallons under e but wether or not the sending units will keep pulling up fuel once on E, idk, i havent tested it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine will go quite a ways below E.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I might just fill up a tank and siphon it out into cans to see how much it actually holds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I just filed up my rear it was between 1/4 and a half tank the pump stopped at 9.9 gallons. Then I proceeded to try to top it off slowly and put 2.3 more gallons in. I usually just drive off after it clicks once so maybe this was the problem all along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts