Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Fass 150/180 with a 60# spring in it and was wondering if I could use it to build a fuel system? I would come from a draw straw from a bronco tank to the fass and then Y the fuel line and feed the back of the heads and then just put a cross over line between the heads in the front. The pump regulates the pressure and the pump has its own return. Would this work? Thanks

·
What else?
4,157 Posts
It would work, yes, but with that style of fuel system, you would have alot of difficulty getting rid of any air trapped in the heads and lines from when you build the system, and isn't the point of a FASS system to eliminate air issues? You certainly do not want to force air through your injectors, it is not kind to the nozzles and pintles, as fuel cushions those two parts' actions.

The best way to run a fuel system is a flow thru, return style system, nearly identical to the way our stock system is setup, just with the main components like the fuel bowl, factory regulator, and factory pump replaced with higher flowing pieces.

I would suggest evaluationg what your end goals are for your truck, and build a system based on that. It can be something as simple as a basic E-fuel system to a full blown large single pump and complete system rebuild.

Dave

·
Underfunded
431 Posts
Im kinda mixed on the Fass/Airdogs etc systems... Id need to know how much they flow and at what Psi they do so. If the Fass you have can do a 60psi with about equal flow rate 60-70 maybe 80 GPH then you could just plumb it so your bringing fuel from the tank passing it through the FASS an into a regulator then into the heads, from the heads back into the tank, like the stock system, minus the OEM crap Smokey mentioned.
Ive mainly seen Fass systems feeding Superduty pumps though... guess its a preference thing.
I personally pulled most of my fuel system off the shelves at a Semi truck salvage yard.

·
What else?
4,157 Posts
Im kinda mixed on the Fass/Airdogs etc systems... Id need to know how much they flow and at what Psi they do so. If the Fass you have can do a 60psi with about equal flow rate 60-70 maybe 80 GPH then you could just plumb it so your bringing fuel from the tank passing it through the FASS an into a regulator then into the heads, from the heads back into the tank, like the stock system, minus the OEM crap Smokey mentioned.
Ive mainly seen Fass systems feeding Superduty pumps though... guess its a preference thing.
I personally pulled most of my fuel system off the shelves at a Semi truck salvage yard.
The way you describe it would not be the correct way to plumb it, you would not have fuel pressure to the injectors. If you wanted to run it your way, you would need to eliminate the return line from the heads. That setup, minus the return line from the heads, is a stock Super Duty dead head system.

The way the stock OBS regulated return fuel system is setup is as follows:

Feed line to the engine->LP side of FP->filter bowl->HP side of FP->Heads->Regulator on the side of the bowl->Return line to tank

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.