·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's fuel systems are you guys runnin I'm gonna need one in about a month

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
I got a CPR on order from diesel site. I read all the reviews and I was sold in ten minutes. ;)

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I was just looking at them but 1400 is a little pricey

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are prolly worth 1400 I'm just not looking to spend thy much right now I will prolly get diesel inovations reg rerun and pre pump mod and intake mods

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
well what are your intentions in the demands of the fuel system?

·
Bushwacker
269 Posts
its going to be pricey to do 550HP I would just pickup the CPRx when I would be able to afford it or decide i can buy it

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You're going to need a full fuel system for that power range. Spend the money where it's needed, a good fuel system.

Dave

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
If you take just a bit of time you can build on yourself but for a kit its hard to beet those offered by the ones listed above. There is something to be said for not having to acquire all the parts yourself.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
If you take just a bit of time you can build on yourself but for a kit its hard to beet those offered by the ones listed above. There is something to be said for not having to acquire all the parts yourself.
Agreed, I spent way more time researching parts than I did putting the parts on the truck. It is pretty cool though when you can say you designed and built your own system and it works. :D Besides, just bolting on parts gets boring pretty quick, nothing like trial, error, and then spend more money! LOL

Dave

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yep I am DIY kind of guys in general. Has very little to nothing to do with saving but mroe I take pride in building the things I need. But if when it comes to a differnce is performance and something prefabs clearly out produces I don't think twice about buying. The thing is it pays to to really understand how your engine and supporting systems work. Lapping on kits and prefab parts only take you to a base level of understanding. DIY and you learn a lot about why and what works best.

I will say this for the times when I/we do want or need to buy kits, such as fuel systems and what not, the least we call all can do is buy from the vendors on this forum. Many of them are the ones responsible for a lot of the tech info and help we have on here and learn from. The least we can do for having and continuing to benefit from that info is to buy for them when ever possible.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
When I built my fuel system I bought the large parts of it from vendors on this site but the nature of the system that I wanted I was not able to just buy it from a vendor and bolt it on.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you think dual stock pumps will work enough for 550hp with a reg return pre pump intank mods with 3/8s line for the rest and a pre filter

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
The system i built for my truck works good for 520hp but If i was going to go with any bigger injectors i would do it differently.

Its all about how much you want to spend. I have right about $650 in my system from tank to heads and back to tank.

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
Has the stock system been shown not to be able to support higher HP levels?

I realize a lot of guys with high HP have fuel mods, but has anyone actually ran that low on fuel?

Same goes for the regulated return. A lot of people run it, but I haven't seen anything that has proven that it is necessary.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Do you think dual stock pumps will work enough for 550hp with a reg return pre pump intank mods with 3/8s line for the rest and a pre filter
I wouldn''t run a 3/8's line, but otherwise, it should be enough.

Of course the stock fuel system can't support big HP numbers, if it could, we wouldn't need to put fuel systems on. And with the amount of money we spend on aftermarket injectors, it is foolish to run a completely stock fuel system with them, you certainly don't want to trash them because .

A SD is noticably quieter after a RR install, it's not something I would consider cheaping out on.

Dave

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
Of course the stock fuel system can't support big HP numbers, if it could, we wouldn't need to put fuel systems on. And with the amount of money we spend on aftermarket injectors, it is foolish to run a completely stock fuel system with them, you certainly don't want to trash them because .

A SD is noticably quieter after a RR install, it's not something I would consider cheaping out on.

Dave
Is it because of the deadhead system or the lack of fuel pump?

I have to ask because I've already removed the deadhead and I have a RR fuel system, it is only on the vegetable oil side though. FASS pump @ 75psi, rock steady.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Has the stock system been shown not to be able to support higher HP levels?

I realize a lot of guys with high HP have fuel mods, but has anyone actually ran that low on fuel?

Same goes for the regulated return. A lot of people run it, but I haven't seen anything that has proven that it is necessary.
I tried to run my injectors with a stock pump and a RR and fuel pressure would drop at WOT to almost 0 PSI

But with that being said I know Andy (moore20017.3) has been doing it with his truck

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
I tried to run my injectors with a stock pump and a RR and fuel pressure would drop at WOT to almost 0 PSI

But with that being said I know Andy (moore20017.3) has been doing it with his truck
Interesting. I'm able to drop the stock pressure pretty low with 250/200s but they are tuned way back because of the stock charger.

Once I'm back on oil (working out some other problems) I don't see my pressure dropping below 60 psi anytime soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts