All depends on the pump and line size....:poke::D

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Highly filtered fuel system?
Yep cat filters are da bomb. I am going to add one of those to mine some day don't know where but I need post pump filters.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Nice, I run a Fleetguard FS1000 pre-pump and the Cat 1R-0749 post-pump.

Dave

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
I'm still trying to decide what filter to run post pump when I delete the bowl. Are CAT filters hard to come by?

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Prepumps is a racor 10 micron filter/water seperator.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I'm still trying to decide what filter to run post pump when I delete the bowl. Are CAT filters hard to come by?
No they are not, and places like NAPA can cross them to a filter of their's if you're stuck somewhere.

Dave

·
I Wanna Go Fast
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right this is going to be a highly filtered system with a 7 micron cat filter pre pump and a 2 micron post pump. It is not so important on the 7.3 power-stroke to run such high filtration as compared to the common rail systems for you 6.4 guys. but there are very close tolerances with in the injectors and this will help preserve the life of them. And you are right about the line sizing to make it a high flow fuel system. Cat filters are easy to pick up at your local cat dealer or cat parts supplier. the thing is that these filters are expensive (Cant Afford That). but the factory fuel filter along with the napa gold filter has a 19 micron filter:lame:. the cat filter is the only filter that I know of that has an absolute micron rating. meaning that when it says it filters the fuel down to 2 microns it actually does 100% of the time.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
no injector likes anything bigger then 2 micron .

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I don't think they're that bad, $10 or less each my cost for an FS1000 or 1R-0749? The stock filter costs more than both combined.

Dave

·
got boost
134 Posts
white sled how much did you end up paying for all of it together. I need a post pump filter before I install my bowl delete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts