Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on what's in my signature, would going with a full fuel system, and sump do anything for my truck? It has alliant single shot HD performance injectors.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
No but you could do your in tank (hutch and harpoon) mods. I like the sump, its easy, but I don't think you'll see a performance gain

·
Registered
101 Posts
Based on what's in my signature, would going with a full fuel system, and sump do anything for my truck? It has alliant single shot HD performance injectors.

what fuel pressure drop are you seeing @ WOT?? I was seeing 15-20 psi drop and went with the sump and full regulated return and now see 0 drop @WOT..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't looked for drop yet. What the tank mods, hutch and harpoon?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I haven't looked for drop yet. What the tank mods, hutch and harpoon?
Google guzzles 7.3 mods for good info on those.
A reg return would help ...

·
Snowboard season cometh..
274 Posts
Welcome to guzzle's Ford PSD Web Pages

Lots of good info there. Bob also has a business that sells replacement/upgrade parts for maintenance items (fuel bowl drain valve, etc.) and he's a great guy too.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Sorry..missed the di reg return in your sig...
I wouldn't advanc your fuel system much past that unless you get larger injectors

·
Registered
48 Posts
Before a fuel system you need a fuel pressure gage in the cab so you can monitor your fuel pressure at all times. If you have a gage you would know if you need improvements or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
what fuel pressure drop are you seeing @ WOT?? I was seeing 15-20 psi drop and went with the sump and full regulated return and now see 0 drop @WOT..
ok now that you have 0 psi drop what did it help? do you have more power now? I had 15 psi drop on my setup at wot. well I changed some stuff up now I have 0 psi drop as well. guess what....didn't do a damn thing! still runs exactly the same as it did with 15psi drop!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I didn't have a problem?...just thought I would gain keeping it at 65psi. But it didn't change a thing running it at 50psi when it dropped felt the same as 65psi now.... Just my observation.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
I see one thing in your set up that did not change.. your still feeding the heads with 1/4 inch lines (you didnt gain any extra fuel in the heads) and your regulating the fuel at the bowl...it should be regulated after the heads..

you should see top end a little faster and hold it a little longer with a lot happier injectors..any time your psi drops your adding unwanted wear to the injectors...the longer you hold the go peddle the less fuel the injectors will see...the less fuel it can see..the less power you will make

1 - 12 of 12 Posts