Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure where to put this but im wanting to do a custom fuel system when i build my truck next year. my first question is how do you size AN fittings? right now ive got a hellman sump adII and im gonna be getting a dozer's diesel regulated return. my second question is would push loc hose work for what im wanting to do?third is would i need a custom return line from the rr to the tank or would the stock line work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll try to help you out here... AN is measured in 16ths of an inch, so a -8 AN is a 1/2 in. Yes, push lock hose would work as long as pressure does not exceed 200-300 psi. It all depends on the type of push lock you use. Parker makes a great product BUT they don't rate it for fuel. I have used it before and have had no issues. It all depends on how much fuel you plan on returning. A good rule of thumb is to use one size smaller, ex feed line is -8 then return should be -6. As long as your current return line is big enough and in good shape I would use it. If it is not you will have issues controlling fuel pressure.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
blue areoquip pushlock is want most use you should post this in the aftermarket section.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
scratch that just saw you had a 6.0 not a 7.3

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys got my rr waiting on the regulator so i can look and see what all im gonna need. how are ya'll plugging off the stock return on the top of the tank?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i might have a problem with my messages its not showing anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts