Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recommendations? Regulated Return? Fass Pump/Filter? Airdog II? Mods are in my sig. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Recommendations? Regulated Return? Fass Pump/Filter? Airdog II? Mods are in my sig. Thanks in advance!
I thought Adam answered those questions in the other post:poke:

Just get you a Fass or Air Dog and you are good to go even if you upgrade injectors.
A regulated return is not necessary.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought Adam answered those questions in the other post:poke:

Just get you a Fass or Air Dog and you are good to go even if you upgrade injectors.
A regulated return is not necessary.
Yeah he did, and I value Adam's opinion and yours for that matter but I'm interested in hearing what other people have to say as well. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah he did, and I value Adam's opinion and yours for that matter but I'm interested in hearing what other people have to say as well. :D
They are gonna just tell you to listen to me!!LOLLOL

A regulated return would be of benefit if you were going with HUGE injectors and needed volume to feed them,but the average person isn't gonna go larger than 190's so it's isn't necessary.

Get a good pump and you will be fine......it's that easy.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
David is right, if you just feel the need/want to upgrade line sizes you can do so, there are parts that will allow you to address from the front of the fuel bowl to the fron of the heads and another kit that will address fuel flowing thru the back of the heads. You can do all of this without having another regulator.

With that said, you can make plenty of powa with the stock fuel lines from the secondary fuel bowl, it has been done, 693 with 200's, FASS and spray.

·
Registered
772 Posts
thats what I have, well not the 200s and spray but the upgraded lines from the bowl to front of the heads and the crossover line between the back of the heads with a fass 150 180 feeding it. its internally regulated, no need for a second one and holds 55 psi easily. as long as you keep the fuel pressure up above 45-50 psi then you should be good to run bigger injectors. you just dont want to starve the injector of fuel and a truck with just a hot tune can drop the fuel pressure to 5-10 psi on a hard pull if the truck is fed by the factory hfcm.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
well this thread is full of good info, i wont be worrying about getting a regulated return, sounds like the airdogg II im wanting will work out perfectly

·
Registered
293 Posts
well this thread is full of good info, i wont be worrying about getting a regulated return, sounds like the airdogg II im wanting will work out perfectly
There ya go!!

Just trying to save you a headache and alot of cash my man.

·
Kubota Service Tech
42 Posts
I am still on stock injectors. I currently am running a Trusted Performance fuel system. I have bigger lines that run from the 2nd fuel bowl to the heads and the crossover line that connects the back of the heads. I can tell you right now.....once these were installed the truck seemed to idle alot smoother and not as loud. Take it for what its worth........

·
Registered
695 Posts
Install a fpg so you can see your fuel psi. I did that and upgraded the spring on the regulator and now i see about 70psi of fp. A secondary pump or a fass and big sticks is all I need yet.

One other big thing is drill out the banjo bolts on the front of the heads.

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well ok!! LOL Sounds like everyone is saying the same thing. No regulated return, just a new pump, internally regulated, that replaces the factory frame rail pump and filter? Do I really need to worry about the lines from the fuel bowl with factory injectors?

·
Kubota Service Tech
42 Posts
Its not 100% needed on stock injectors.....but I wanted pay the $188 for the piece of mind. $188 is cheap when compared to injector issues. Just my .02......

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
what wahlbro pump would y'all recommend? and where to buy?

·
Kubota Service Tech
42 Posts
I was debtaing the whole Walbro pump install awhile back. I know quite a few of 7.3 guys have used them. I think I priced a Walbro GSL-392 for like $140 plus a good regulator which was another $100. The Walbro GSL-392 is a pretty good bargain to get fuel pressure & flow up......but personally I am going to spend the extra dough and go with an AirDog II. I even seen some of the 7.3 guys running two GSL-392's. I would imagine if you had two of these and a good reguator, you would have plenty of PSI & Flow for bigger injectors. I am no expert though........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts