Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Low cash cowboy
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning on running 238s from rosewood and plan on doing a RR and fuel bowl delete from strictly diesel. wanted to run a fass or air dog system and dont have any exsperence with them and was wondering what i need to get gph wise to fuel around 500hp. i like the idea of water and air seperation so thats why iv been considering them. please all help is apresheated! :bowfast:

·
Registered
854 Posts
People are going to tell you to run a walbro or a second factory pump, but I would also like to know the answer to the same question. i wanna run 250/100 but i would think you would run the same pump

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
I would suggest either the 150 or the 165. I would personally go for the 165. Leaves room for additional power down the road.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I don't have any fueling issues that I know of. I have the Air dog 150 with a RR from Dennis and Full Force 238's. I have to back off on egt's before I would know if I run out of fuel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am running 238/100 sticks with the airdog150, SD regulated return, walbro fuel pump, and SD banjo bolts....WOT runs holds a constant 68psi, no pressure drop at all..

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am running 238/100 sticks with the airdog150, SD regulated return, walbro fuel pump, and SD banjo bolts....WOT runs holds a constant 68psi, no pressure drop at all..
Why are you running a airdog 150 and a walbro fuel pump

·
Registered
168 Posts
What's the point of deleting the factory fuel bowl, I've heard of allot of people doing it but I've never seen why.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Why are you running a airdog 150 and a walbro fuel pump
I have the walbro as well. The airdog 150 only adds like 7psi fuel pressure. It is basically for removing air and another water seperator.

·
Registered
624 Posts
What's the point of deleting the factory fuel bowl, I've heard of allot of people doing it but I've never seen why.
Clears up valley, better filtration with different filters, less fuel leaks, etc..

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have the walbro as well. The airdog 150 only adds like 7psi fuel pressure. It is basically for removing air and another water seperator.
That sounds like alot of money to spend for 7psi and another water seperator

·
Registered
624 Posts
Agreed, but its also a lift pump so it makes life easier for the other pump. So longer life for the supply pump since it doesnt have to pull the fuel, it just pushes it.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
YUP, not sure I would do it again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In my case, the factory fuel filter is removed and I needed a water seperator, also added a sump and wanted a better pre fuel filter..Then lets talk about removing air out of the fuel system,
after watching the airdog150 in operation, i feel that the injectors are seeing pure fuel, or at least as close as it gets.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
factory fuelbowl will support 600 hp.

i have no plans to remove mine unless a big oil system requires it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
factory fuelbowl will support 600 hp.

i have no plans to remove mine unless a big oil system requires it.
so just do a RR system and leave the bowl in?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
I like the fuel bowl delete because it frees up space, eliminates possible leak areas and you can get better filtration. I wouldn't have a stock fuel bowl on a stock truck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ok, so I should stay on track with my FB delete. filters and 2X SD pumps under truck.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If you add another filter to replace the fuel bowl that is 3 micron or so....
Injectors are far costlier to replace then a cheap filter.
Ford's system works has filters everywhere and even has a heater.
The brings can leak and some people manage to track them but to me I see zero rest. To replace it u unless it fails.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts