Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys need some info. found two rubber lines on the top of the block leaking fuel a little. my repair book shows this to be the fuel supply pump and shows (barely) the two rubber lines coming off of it. but it does not give me any info as to where these lines go. i am going to try replacing these today but am curious about something first. can i just unbolt fuel filter bowl and move it out of the way to get to these two lines? or do i have to unbolt and move the turbo like the book suggests? :confused:

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
As the picture shows, just remove the Ypipe. You should be able to just unbolt the fuel bowl to give you some wiggle room without having to actually remove the bowl. Also, go to Napa and get a can of silicon spray and spray the inside the hose on the ends it will help them slide on a lot better.

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very much sir! :bowfast: thats what i was hoping for,lol the easy way.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ive had my fuel bowl out twice in the last couple weeks for fuel leaks, I feel your pain. haha

Good luck!

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
You'd probably be better off just ditching the whole fuel bowl system and going with an electric set up!

·
Registered
479 Posts
He can spend $20 to fix a couple hoses or spend $1,500 on an electric fuel setup....hmm wich makes more sence?

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i tink ill stick with just replacing the hoses for now. :whs: thats a chunk of change i would rather throw in other areas first. thanx for the info tho guys. PS gilroyracing......THANX for posting the pic. that helped alot as to where those well hidden lines run.

·
Registered
479 Posts
No Problem, glad I could help.

·
Registered
797 Posts
He can spend $20 to fix a couple hoses or spend $1,500 on an electric fuel setup....hmm wich makes more sence?
I did my electric fuel for less than 300. Just about every DIY e-fuel reported here has been less than $500.

·
Registered
479 Posts

·
strokefreak
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
didnt get to do it today. :( rain and mist all day long. right on old man dave,doin all of them soon as weather permits.

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
I plan on replacing all of those hoses when I get around to putting my IC kit on. Will I have to drain the bowl or will it be alright to just leave it alone?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Drain the bowl. Replace the filter while your at it.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Well when it removes the problem of that pos mechanical fuel pump and pressures dropping down to 0psi and possibly causing injector problems I'd say it makes perfect sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts