Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished up my st st fuel sumps today. I'll try to get one on in the next week or so. I can drill 2 - 2" dia holes, cut between them, insert backer plate and fasten. I'll let ya know how they work.

·
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bottom of the fuel tank.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
they look great BTW, do you have a cnc?

Looks pro, I might want a set if I figure out why you need them lmao :ford:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Are you sure you have enough ports? Those look to be -10 AN? 4 of them? What size fuel pump(s) are you using ie. flow rates? At that flow rate how long will it take to drain that sump?

·
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you sure you have enough ports? Those look to be -10 AN? 4 of them? What size fuel pump(s) are you using ie. flow rates? At that flow rate how long will it take to drain that sump?
Only going to use two. They are 3/8" NPT. Will run 2-AN#10 to Tee and #12 into Racor fuel/water separator (has 3/4"NPT in it) and that will feed my FASS150/150 to the Aeromotive A1000 marine pump. Other ports will be plugged. Always good to have a drain port!!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Yes, I am for real.

Let me try this again.
Why is a fuel sump necessary, or beneficial for a power stroke?

I don't know everything there is to know, who do you guys think I am, Dockboy? LOL :D

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I ran the one from DI on my 02 with the full fuel system. It is a better fuel supply then sucking it out of the top of the tank;)

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Fuel is more stable instead of sloshing around it comes out of the sump with less aeration?

My pickup sucks from the bottom, not the top.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Nigel, very nice work! :rockwoot:

You want a TE project? My machinist is lagging again..............

I agree with gregrob, the majority of us don't need it, YET!:poke::D
Why don't somebody engineer a selector valve or some other way to get more fuel to the front in an OBS .Oh and without resorting to a bronco tank.

·
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nigel, very nice work! :rockwoot:

You want a TE project? My machinist is lagging again..............

I agree with gregrob, the majority of us don't need it, YET!:poke::D
Thanks Joey, I probably don't need it yet, but wanted it! So I built it. Didn't like the single port round sump, wanted to have a drain with access to clean inside, and wanted a design that I didn't have to remove the tank to install. Got it. These were just a what if, and needed something to do project.

No thanks, not into production.

·
Local Machine Gun Builder
496 Posts
Why is a fuel sump necessary, or beneficial for a power stroke?
More of a positive displacement, much easier to prime your fuel system. For you guys wanting to do a sump inexpensively, check your local surplus or aircraft wrecking yards;)

·
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More of a positive displacement, much easier to prime your fuel system. For you guys wanting to do a sump inexpensively, check your local surplus or aircraft wrecking yards;)
Yup, there are a lot cheaper and easier ways to do it, but not as much fun. Hell, I just like to make stuff.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts