Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sender assembly is fine, but the float is about 1/2 full with fuel. No wonder it wouldn't float...lol Seems a little dangerous to try to solder it anymore.. options?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the local dealer had one for $14-- more than I wanted to pay but it should be sealed. On the other hand, the box bolts....grrr

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
The sender assembly is fine, but the float is about 1/2 full with fuel. No wonder it wouldn't float...lol Seems a little dangerous to try to solder it anymore.. options?
I had the same issue a few yrs ago with my front tank float, the brass had cracked. I drilled a little hole at each end of the crack , drained the fuel and washed it several times with degreaser then soap and water. Soldered the crack and put the float back. Worked great for a couple more months until it cracked again in a different spot. $14 at my dealer got me a package with two new floats and no more problems.

The drawing process when the float was made puts a lot of stress in the brass and they can develop stress cracks with age. I probably should of tried to anneal mine before soldering it the first time.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You didn't?!?!?!!?!
bought box bolts? yes.... I still cant sit down. :doh: At least these will easily come back off when I want to remove the bed again.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,331 Posts
bought box bolts? yes.... I still cant sit down. :doh: At least these will easily come back off when I want to remove the bed again.
Just make sure you anti seize the crap out of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts