Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a problem with low fuel pressure on my 97 and put a new pump in without really checking into other things first. After I put the pump in I still have low pressure (5lbs cranking, 10-15 running) and discovered that my regulator is bad. I tried pulling it out and the triangle piece is stuck in the housing.

Is there any tricks to getting the triangle piece out of the bore?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I don't know , but maybe with it off the fuel bowl you could use compressed air. Either that or an easy-out with light pressure? At any rate, you'll need to check the bore for any scoring that might hinder movement of the valve. You may also want to get the California regulator kit that will have the valve, spring, and brass hex plug (with o-ring). Cheers!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried an easy out with no luck, I also have the california kit coming tomorrow that I'm planning on using on the 95 but could use it for the 97 I suppose.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it out with air, the edges of it were very worn and I think it was just binding up. I put the CA kit in and have it running with 65 lbs at idle and no leaks.

However, I think I'm having an issue with the IPR now. The engine is running really rough now and won't rev over 2000 rpms. I'm not sure what I screwed up at this point.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would check the electrical connections since you where working in that area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts