Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am reading here on DieselStop.com that you can easily clean the fuel regulator screen. Well I'm little confused, I'm not completely 100% the handy man and I don't need anything else screwed up on my truck...

The pictures they show are very rudementary... Anyone got any pictures/write-ups to better show this process?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
OK on the driver side of the fuel bowl is the FPR. There are two 10mm bolts that secure it to the bowl. They are different lengths. Remove those two bolts and GENTLY pull the fpr away from the bowl. The screen is tiny and easily lost so pay attention. They can not be bought separately. Take a q-tip and clean both sides of the screen. If it has never been cleaned before you may need to remove it and while holding it tightly in your fingers spray it on both sides with carb cleaner or brake clean to clear any debris from the screen. Reassemble in reverse order.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
should you drain the fuel bowl before doing this to not make a mess?

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Also stuff rags or towels around the filter housing so that when you drop something it doesn't end up under the housing.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Don't drop the check ball. The screen is missing in the photo.

Billy T.
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts