Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering about fuel rail pressure. I just bought a spartan and have been running it on 150 dpf on, as soon as I switched it to a gauge screen that displayed fuel rail pressure, the alarm started going. I am reading about 31000 KPA, and the spartan website shows high limit at 30000 kpa. anybody else have some input as to pressures and maximums?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
just wondering about fuel rail pressure. I just bought a spartan and have been running it on 150 dpf on, as soon as I switched it to a gauge screen that displayed fuel rail pressure, the alarm started going. I am reading about 31000 KPA, and the spartan website shows high limit at 30000 kpa. anybody else have some input as to pressures and maximums?
I can't imagine that you would be hitting 31,000 PSI of rail pressure with a 150 DPF on tune. I have only seen spikes of around 30,000 PSI running the Spartan 310 tune....There are two parameters for fuel rail pressure, you might be monitoring the wrong one.

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts
31,000 Kpa converts to 4496.174625621 Psi, maybe your units of measure are throwing you off.

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts
LOL he's a newb, cut him some slack.
Welcome to the Nation!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
after doing some more playing around with conversions, I found out that when switching metric to imperial on the spartan, the maximum limits on the gauges stay the same, they don't convert over to metric. i.e. - if the high warning egt is 1600 f, switching to metric it stays 1600 degrees, but in celsius the high should be more like 900 degrees. thanks for the input

·
PSN Tool
761 Posts
Now you got it, and again welcome to the site:welcome:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I thought that 150 dpf on tune was terrible.. egt's reached 1400egt's just going downt the street at 30mph during regen. Sitting in park would hit 1200 and woudnt stop(regening) while in park. Hit a 1000 egt's no problem while not even in regen driving normal.. . Delete that dpf and go to the 150 dpf off tune, your truck will def thankyou for it. With the 210 tow tune its hard to hit 800egt's

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Yeah a chick was driving mine and it went into regen for the first time. I flipped out that i seen 1400 deg. F. egts. The exhaust came in 2 days later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts