Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
02 F250 / 7.3L / 4X4
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lookin for everyone's opinion on the fuel rail crossover. Would it benefit me to get one or is it just another part to waist money on? I understand air going through the injectors is bad, but how much really gets through?

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
:whs:

:psnb:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
It helps, the reg return is better. But the fittings at the tank let in air as well.
Find guzzles 7.3 mods read up on hutch and harpoon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I made my own and ran it for about two years and then went to full regulated return when I came across a good deal. You can do your own for about $60 worth of fittings and hoses that should do you fine. The kits will save you time but cost more.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
I made my own and ran it for about two years and then went to full regulated return when I came across a good deal. You can do your own for about $60 worth of fittings and hoses that should do you fine. The kits will save you time but cost more.
Not to hijack but..

What did you do? Put a compression T on the return line?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not to hijack but..

What did you do? Put a compression T on the return line?
Here are some photos with explanations underneath of how I did it.
Webshots Rides offers thousands of the best car wallpapers.

I basically created a slow leak from the output lines from the heads that fed into the factory return line. FYI, The fancy fuel bowl adaptor from the used ITP parts I purchased to do a full regulated return (replaces the factory fuel pressure regulator) "leaks" a lot more fuel than my homemade leak line ever did. So I'm pretty confident that the homemade system is not bleeding off too much pressure with a good fuel pump behind it all.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
For the money its a nice poor mans regulated return, it works, I got one. Quiets up the injector cackle (before you ask, do a search).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts