Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 04' F250 with 5.4. Drove it yesterday with no problem, but today the fuel is not working. I don't have a book for it, so I checked all the fuses inside. Switch thru the relays and checked the emergency fuel shut off. Still not working, it may be a bad pump. Is there anything else I can check before dropping the tank?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
check for power at the fuel pump connector with a test light when key is first turned to run and when cranking.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Check your fuel filter make sure its not clogged if it isnt reinstall. Then pull the cap off the valve on the fuel rail and press it in.(its like a tire valve/schrader valve) and see how much spray you have it should spray out pretty good. Best thing to get would be fuel pressure gauge to hook onto that valve if it doesnt get up to about 40ish psi its probably the pump. If it does get up to that check for fire. Hope that helps. Dont drop your tank until you know. Its better to run these tests first.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't know if there was any other fuses or relays, besides whats inside. There is no fuel in the rail, I guess I will try to get to the wires above the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts