Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a e99 6 spd truck im fixing up. its got about 206k on it. turbo back 4" and a s&b intake, gauges and and stcok replacement clutch with about 40k on it. i have a sat of gauges on the way and want to order a tuner from dp. im gonna get one of th diy injector rebuild kits, and i was curious as to what you guys think i should do for a fuel pump. im on a budget and i think the pumps gettin ready to give out. if i build staged 1s is a stock fp good enough? also how much differance will the 17hpop make over the 15 i have stock?

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
If your not gonna go over stg 1's, put a stock pump back on it. Aftermarket pumps are alot of trouble. And hook up a fuel pressure gauge first. Those little things are worth there weight.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I strongly second that. Nothing has yet proven to be as or more durable as the stock SD pump. For that fact I am going to dual SD pumps first rather than go to a aftermarket single specifically becasue of durability and tolerance. Stage 1's are usually good to 360HP max. The SD pump is considered plenty up to 400HP. Duals SD 550-600 HP.

IMO, best first to add a RR with external regulator and have it connected to the map to control the pressure curve based on boost. Take care of the rest of the fuel system from the tank to pump and pump to heads. Then if you decide to go up in power you need only to increase your pump capacity. It will give you the best fuel condition for your injectors as well until then.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats a RR?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Will dual superduty pumps work with my setup? im wanting to do a diy fuel system eventually and later put some mild injectors soon after...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Get the adrenaline hpop. It's about as cheap as a stocker and yes the 17 is better than the 15. I'm doing the hpop swap in the next week or two.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Will dual superduty pumps work with my setup? im wanting to do a diy fuel system eventually and later put some mild injectors soon after...
Yes but you will not need it until you hit 400 HP. What I like about two pumps is if you have one fail you still have enough fuel from the other to drive normally to get you home etc..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How hard is it to do a diy rr? im on a pretty tight budget but i definately want whats best for the truck

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
How hard is it to do a diy rr? im on a pretty tight budget but i definately want whats best for the truck
How hard? Not very.

It will cost you around $300 in hoses, fittings, and regulator if you source everything yourself.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yep very easy. The major dif is you are the one acquiring the correct parts yourself as opposed to being in a kit. Do some searching everything is listed in threads on PSN.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys, one more question, when do i really need to worry about the getting the 17* hpop. when does the 15* become a problem?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You need to actual get it logged to see. Some are too weak for ideal stock injectors. Others are OK. But at over 200K I would say its good chance its running weak.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so how do i test it?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Go to the FAQ on swamps page. There's a test on how to check your hpop. I'd post a link for ya but I'm on my phone.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, Ill borrow a scanner from "Snappy" next Tuesday when he stops by the shop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts