Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some fuel delivery problems, been reading alot of posts and seen some similar symptoms but thought I'd ask around.

Truck started rough after work, made it 2 of the 3 miles home and it died. acted like it had run out of fuel. I knew I had about 1/2 a tank so I looked into things, found a blown fuse, identified a worn wire that had shorted out. replaced the wire and the fuse, problem solved. 2 days later, same symptom. No blown fuse. Though that I might have damaged the pump, but tested it and got 58lbs. Replaced the in-tank filters and the filter in the fuel bowl. Ran good for 2 days and died again. When it dies, if I release the pressure in the fuel bowl by opening the drain valve for a second, and then turn the key to on, let it charge up it will start and get me 2 miles to home or so, but then its choking again.

I'm thinking CPS or the ICP could be bad. any thoughts?

·
Banned
142 Posts
have you ran the truck with icp sensor unplugged?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that with no noticeable differences. I ended up replacing it as well as the CPS. I'm still getting the same results. Kinda worried about Injectors etc. My neighbor is a mechanic and I don't know if he just wants business but he walked over and we talked about it. He thinks it needs new injectors, but I'm not going to dump a couple grand because he thinks that's what it is.

·
Banned
142 Posts
What type of icp data are you logging?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts