Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 f250 7.3. Fires right up has small puff of smoke, goes away quick. After warmed up idles ok but has a very consistent rough spot kinda like a miss. Not horrible but noticeable. In drive at take off it kinda has a hesitation . Once it gets past the hesitation not too much else goin on besides poor fuel milage. Truck has 252000 on it. All original. Where do I start looking for problems n what different issues could it be? :rockon:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes sir, sure did. Multiple sensors bad. First started off with the ebp line n sensor. Made a huge difference. Then truck was acting different .better but not right. Kinda had a miss.... Stalled out, n didn't wanna start . Replaced Cps. Truck fires up n runs a hella better. Buddy cones down with laptop , hooks up n finds bad Ipr and bad accelerator pedal sensor bad. The truck runs unbelievably better now. Good power. I wanna buy a snap on scanner if for nothin else just to be able to run these tests. Looking into snapon mt2500. Any goods or bads you could fill me in on bigbear? N thanks for the follow up :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have only used the Snap-On brand and have always had great results !! I know alot of guys on here talk about AE and how good it is but I have heard that it can be pain to make it communicate with the OBS trucks sometimes ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda hard to decide. Ice read n read n its the same conclusion, seems to be a personal thing. I doubt id really b using it for much else besides my own trucks but it would be nice to have a setup that works on newer vehicles also. Primarily just me n wifes. I tried looking at the solus, price is a bit much for me at anywhere from 2 - 4 grand. But doesn't totally take it out of the race for me. The mt2500 so far ranging from 300 -1000. But I don't understand the updates or what years they're good for. Little confusing when the people I talk to know less than I do and I'm the buyer. Ae I was reading on a web page don't seem to bad but I've never seen it in person . So I'm hoping to come across a legit seller wanting to get rid of the old red brick n hopefully have the latest updates that were available for it. If that don't happen then the guts selling the solus seem to be able to answer my ?'s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.