Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how i can up the fuel pressure,could not find the older post on how to do it.And was wondering what kind of pressure it should have,at at idle and or at wide open throttle. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
if its a SD iv heard you can take of the fuel regulator at the top of the filter housing theres a spring and a few other small parts in it and a brass piece thats got a hole the size of a needle in it on on end and the other is big enough for a a BB to sit in that will up your press to ovr 100 psi not sure if the return can still do its job if its like this i know the return gets the air out of the fuel and sends it back to the tank

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does any boy no what the fuel pressure should be? I put a guage on mine and it looks like 50 psi at idle but man the guage jumps around real bad,should it be doin that? When i rev it up it still does it to and then it looks like the pressure drops down.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
because of how the fuel pump is on a 7.3.......being dreiven by the cam it will bounce around. fuel psi at idle should be around 60psi, I have read that below 50psi can be bad for the injectors.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
because of how the fuel pump is on a 7.3.......being dreiven by the cam it will bounce around. fuel psi at idle should be around 60psi, I have read that below 50psi can be bad for the injectors.
Yea i was kinda figured that,just thought it should be a little more stable than that,it looks like it bounces all the way thru the rpm. Yea from what i can see its around 45psi at idle and never really gets higher,just revin the motor up sittn in park the fuel pressure will go down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts