Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Where did you get the 60 psi spring? I just installed a fuel pressure gauge and at idle it sits at 54 psi and at fuel pedal on innovatives street tune it drops to almost 42 psi.

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yes he is serious...I did it to my spring before the full fuel system and the air dog II

·
Registered
72 Posts
Per Ford's specs, minimum fuel pressure at WOT under load is 45psi. I have heard that anything over 70psi is bad on the injector o-rings in the 6.0

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So...add one BB, two BBs, stretch the existing spring. Any evidence that one method is better than the others?

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
So...add one BB, two BBs, stretch the existing spring. Any evidence that one method is better than the others?
Pressure seems to be pressure. Any method to achieve the pressure on the gauge has no more of an effect of fluid dynamics than another.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
If I'm sitting at 50psi right now would it really be worth it to add more pressure via stretching the spring?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But under load he won't be sitting at 50psi, correct? Unless by "sitting", he means that he's already under load at that pressure.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Ya it doesn't budge at all.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
When my stock pump was on the way out my fuel pressure was dropping to 30 psi when the converter would lock even with the spring and the Banjo mod...Now with the AD II it wont budge off of 58. :evil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts