Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 f350 all stock except egr delete I have not liked the way it has started for almost a year.. Dummy plugs have been updated along with stc fitting the pids read good based on all my searches in the forum.. I feel I have the problem narrowed to fuel pressure if I turn the koeo for like40 seconds I can Hear what I assume is the fuel pump turn off then I can start the truck and it fires up in like 2 seconds if I do not wait the 40 seconds and just let the glow plug light turn off and start it it takes in between 4 and 6 seconds to start and this only happens when the truck sits for awhile if I run errands and what not it usually fires up quick does it sound like I'm on the right track with the fuel pressure bleeding down after long periods?? If so what should I do next.. I change the fuel filters every 15,000 miles and oil every 5000 I've had this problem with the starting for awhile so I'm sure its not just from the last filter change any thoughts would help I've never really had problems with fuel other than changing out pumps so my experience is limited on this matter

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
Have you had a scan tool hooked to it? I'd start looking at problems with glow plugs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replaced all 8 glow plugs about a week ago along with the both harnesses and I use nothing but factory filters I have torque pro and a sct x3 I'm going to get a.I. here shortly... only code I have is for the body it's just the chime code error

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.