Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, which would be the best way to monitor fuel pressure? mechanical gauge or electronic. I'm not too keen on messing with an isolator and all that crap that comes with a mechanical gauge but it does give you real time pressure measurements. Just curious about the accuracy of the electronic ones. thoughts?

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Like the title says, which would be the best way to monitor fuel pressure? mechanical gauge or electronic. I'm not too keen on messing with an isolator and all that crap that comes with a mechanical gauge but it does give you real time pressure measurements. Just curious about the accuracy of the electronic ones. thoughts?
Bad part about a mech. is it has to go outside the truck. The few electronic gauges (autometer) I have been around are pretty accurate.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Aw, just run a copper fuel line inside your cab and mount it there. Chickens

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
F that andy lol i installed a electrical autometer phantom over the weekend and would rather have a electrical than mechanical any day expecially when it comes to a fuel gauge

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Electric. They are worth the extra money over the mechanical.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
F that andy lol i installed a electrical autometer phantom over the weekend and would rather have a electrical than mechanical any day expecially when it comes to a fuel gauge
I was only kidding. I have one tied into my scangauge. It is electrical, works good.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i have an electronic, its a cheapo MK1 off ebay, i didn't have the cash to spend to get the autometer to match the rest of my gauges, its only like 45$ shipped and comes with everything you need, lights up bright and overall is a awesome looking gauge, if you would like more info lemme know

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
IMO machanical will give you the best reading...I made this my self with a mechanical and i will be making more sometime soon..

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would go full sweep elec. I use the Phantom II's and they're pretty slick. Bought the billet bowl covers and hook up was a breeze..

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replies fellas. I went with the Isspro EV2 full sweep electronic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts