Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

fuel pressure drops at wot

2K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  sixOno 
#1 ·
70psi at idle but as soon as give the truck wot run the pressure drops and will drop to zero if i let it. Just put a new upgraded airdog II on because i thought the pump was getting weak. Ive got the blue spring upgrade 6.4 banjos. What could cause the pressure to drop that low but only at wot? Im stumped.

#4 ·
Have you replaced upper fuel filter, the airdogII is a new fuel conditioner/pump assy? I am assuming.
I have heard of guys having problems with pick up in fuel tank, may be where you need to look next. Does it change with a full tank of fuel?

#5 ·
I wouldnt think it has a pick up ptoblem because im running a sump. New airdogII 165. And i changed the top filter. This is why im thinking airdog pump is bad.

#10 ·
well i checked the airdog regulator and it looks good. could this be the regulator by the fuel filter? this may sound stupid but y would i need the regulator up there if ive got a regulator on the airdogII?

#16 ·
well im gonna try taking the guts out of the fuel bowl regulator and adjust the pressure at the AD2. ill be reading fuel pressure from test port. hope this works till i can get the rr kit.

#17 ·
I think you will be going backwards if you do that. You will allow all your fuel to return to the tank. Just my thinking out loud. I would think you would want to plug the factory retun. But then again, I do not have, and have never looked into an airdog unit!!!! You might want to get help before you do something wrong on this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.