Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a set of gauges on my 6.0 since the day I put the fuel pressure on it has read anywhere from 38-40 PSI. my FICM is running 48.0 or 48.5, fuel filters are new, no leaks anywhere....WTH. Then I bought this truck about 2 months ago and it had green coolant in it, I have not had any problems with this truck since I bought it except my degas had a crack in it and that got replaced. however I am at a loss as to whether or not to flush this out or wait until my ECT/EOT deltas get out of whack. So any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am new to the diesel life but I love this truck. cant really afford to do a whole lot at one time but I know this truck has a full delete and I have a coolant filter ready to put on.

Attachments

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
I'd put the blue spring kit in the fuel system asap. That pressure is not good. As far as coolant deltas, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless you have the funds to drop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd put the blue spring kit in the fuel system asap. That pressure is not good. As far as coolant deltas, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless you have the funds to drop.
I actually did do that 3 week's ago

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
That's a real problem then. Your pressure should be nearly twice that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a real problem then. Your pressure should be nearly twice that.
I am aware that it should be in the high 50's or low 60's but I am trying to figure out if it's my sensor or if it's something more detrimental..... can u help me?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Jackleg Mechanic
881 Posts
What was the pressure before the blue spring mod? I'd pull the spring out and look for any possible abnormalities or a sign of install error.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts