Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
02 F-250 7.3 4x4 Superchips programmer tuned to hi performance

Hey Guys, Im getting fuel poolin on the valley of the motor, It runs down the back and out of flywheel inspect panel, with truck running I looked down past the filter housing and can see a line that I have Identified as the water drain line, I live in portland and it just got really cold in the last few weeks, I talked to a mechanic buddy and he said that if we had a hard freeze it may have expanded and cracked something, What might that be? Keep in mind that I always plug in the block heater, I love this truck and this is the first problem Ive had. Trucks at around a 175k miles I kn ow my way around a motor but not a diesel mechanic by any means, Any input would be of extreme help.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
It is probably your drain line for your fuel bowl. There are a couple orings back there that are leaking. Get the new orings and you should be good to go. You might beable to pick them up at international or just go to Ford.

Welcome aboard! I am just south of you...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Layson, any words of wisdom on starting this project, dont want to be out of comission for long, and working on this truck scares the hell out of me.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Just clean it off real good. Turn the key on and find the leak. If its an oring it only takes maybe 20 min to change out. Fuel bowl stays in truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears to be leaking from the bottom of the water drain line, Is that line pressed on and held by the rings?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again man, I found a site called gruzzlys hes got the whole process blown up and tools listed, think Im gonna buy a new one from him for 36 bucks and get new rings for the old one to rebuild and have a spare, got a bunch of haulin to do so time is of the essence. Thanks again

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had fuel showing up here and there so I just replaced all my o rings. It could be the o rings on your fuel lines or the water in fuel release at the bottom of fuel bowl. You can get the kit here for just the fuel lines, fuel bowl,etc. or I opted to get the mechanics kit and change out the o rings for the HPOP and a few other things as well.
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it all put back together and my damn batteries were not strong enough, charging now, I did add water to both batts but that shouldnt hurt anything. Batteries did feel week this morning when I positioned the truck. No leaks that I find under pressure, but still no start, well ill see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Waitin on a start, its cold out and I forgot to plug it in while was working, woulda helped. Added water today but thats it.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
If its not leaking with the key on your good to go! Those O rings are a common wear item.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it runnin now boys, man it was time for a filter, runs smoother and no slow start. bout to go for a put and see

·
Registered
574 Posts
having exact same issue with my 02
168K miles
bought kit/O rings through Diesel Orings.com
going to do install this holiday weekend!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only thing to look out for is the pain in the ass it is to get the bottom bolts out on the right side of the valve, got it put back together and it runs great, cycle the key a bunch and youll be ready.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Yep i used a 1/4 box ratchet and a torq bit from a screw gun then just got two viton orings...one in a three dollar asort pack from oreillys so two packs. They are a thick oring with a1/4 id..not in the harbor freight oring kit either. Iirc it is a #202 size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts