Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
its possible to have a cracked head.....are you sure you got all the fuel flushed out??

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Did you clean all of the old locktite out really good? What kind of locktite did you use. Have you fully and I mean fully flushed it out? Did you use the cooling system cleaner? Vc9 I think it is.... I could be wrong.

It sometimes takes me all day to get the crap out. I fill with distilled water and drive it 10-15 miles then empty it. Every other time I just empty the reservoir. By the time I fill with coolant though, its all gone.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
There is a cooling system cleaner sold by the dealer to do just that.

·
Stirn Again
75 Posts
Had the same issue on the 03 ford gurus said injector cup they replaced it
2 weeks later it was back so they replaced the heads at 104,000 miles
was told that they used Dawn to clean the system out
Thank god for the aftermarket warranty i purchased. and beleive me it was a nightmare of a repair all the way around
Seems to be fixed now i hope:bowfast:

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Heads usually don't crack but I have heard of it.

·
Paul
160 Posts
The dish washer detergent works but don't use a whole box. Just use about the same amount you would use to do a load of dishes. Be sure do a rinse cycle too.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
With or without jet dry......sorry couldn't help my self.

·
Paul
160 Posts

·
Detuned
159 Posts
The cascade does work. Ive done it many times. Mostly on old big cam cummins. Theres so many pockets up inside your engine it takes time to get it all out. I would not worry just yet. do the flush once or twice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.