Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
well i got just over 20 highway cruise at 65 and around 15 towing around town this summer, winter i have been getting 11-12 then last fill up 9.6 all town unloaded, something dont seem right
Look in the valley of your motor for fuel. Sounds like the infamous drain leak.

·
Midwestern4x4.com
49 Posts
Look in the valley of your motor for fuel. Sounds like the infamous drain leak.
yea fixed that that bumpped me up 1mpg to 12.5 on the next fill up then i got 9.6 on the following

edit: i have been running the 80 economy dp tune i got the dp around the same time as the fuel economy took a dump. i have been trying to figure out if they are related or not. i filled up and am running it on the stock setting now, my summer fuel ecomomy was running a quadzilla

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
yea fixed that that bumpped me up 1mpg to 12.5 on the next fill up then i got 9.6 on the following
Another problem for another thread. Start one, we will do what we can.

·
Midwestern4x4.com
49 Posts
yep sorry to hijack

·
d-man
200 Posts
im getting 17 mixed driving, probly 60city/40HW and 18 to 19 on the hw depending on how fast im going with a 99.5 sc 8' bed 6 speed 4x4 with a 4 inch lift and 35's. Its all stock except for a stack but i have a TW on the way so we'll see how that helps...if i can keep my foot out of it long enough to get an accurate measurement :D

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Used to avg 15-16 mixed country, city, highway driving.

Can't wait to see what I get with the new hybrids and Matt's tunes

·
Registered
853 Posts
15-16 here

·
Big Sky Groomer Op.
827 Posts
14 city just about 20 on the freeway

·
Registered
447 Posts
ya i really do use around 4 gallons of oil per tank, i have a connection with team petroleum, Not on every tank but most tanks i use a lot of oil
I don't care if you get the oil for free you are wasting it and I call BS on your MPG :blah::blah::blah:

·
De-pmr'd
173 Posts
18-19 here, with 4in lift and 35s, but usually dont go over 70, but I usually do get to 70 quick:D about 50/50 highway city, I would say I might be able to get 21 if I babied it all the time, which is what my dad gets in his bone stock 250 2wd auto, but i mean dang I do like a little excitement. I've heard that red dye gives you a little better economy, but of course i've never done thatLOL

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
Forgot about this thread...with the new tuning I bumped up to 20.4 MPG mixed driving. Up about 1 MPG overall from my last tuner.

The ONLY thing that changed was the tuner. Nothing else, so I think it was worth the switch for that alone...

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.