Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
3 quarts for every gallon of diesel? So if you put in 30 gallons, you add 22 gallons of 2 stroke oil?
um no do the math again!
He did the math right based on you saying 3qt per gallon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was getting 16.5 to 17 last summer and fall put the IC in about the time winter blend hit and it dropped to 14 and kept dropping to about 11.5 now but the right foot has been a little heavy lately.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
there is 16qrts in a gallon genius! So i us around 4 gallons of oil for a full tank...Do the math

·
Registered
699 Posts
I hate to break it to you but there are only 4qts in a gallon

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
:doh::doh::doh: Sorry

I am thinking cups!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sorry

I am thinking cups!
LOL. I do that all the time. So is the 4 gal per tank right?

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
i know this is going to sound like b.s but i got 22.89 out of a tank last summer with 2 stroke oil and 235/75/16 tires aired up to 80 psi.. usally got 20-22 in the summer.. i dont bother in the winter i dont want to know

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
ya i really do use around 4 gallons of oil per tank, i have a connection with team petroleum, Not on every tank but most tanks i use a lot of oil

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
ya i really do use around 4 gallons of oil per tank, i have a connection with team petroleum, Not on every tank but most tanks i use a lot of oil
Not trying to nitpick.... but if you are getting 800 miles to a tank with 42 gallons (38 gal diesel 4 gal oil) that is only 19 mpg. Still damn good.;)

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
no thats a 38 gallon tank stock tank. cant hold no 42 gallons so it would be 34 diesel and and 4 oil!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
:ford: Very nice then!! What truck again?

·
Registered
699 Posts
It just adds lubrication to the fuel, to help lube parts of the injectors. Especially with the new ULSD there is a concern that the injectors and fuel system don't get the lubrication they need. As far as problems with it I'm not sure. People will say they have run it forever and no problems, but I honestly don't know for sure. I've done it before and haven't noticed any problems. It does quiet the injectors down quite a bit.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Most people use 1 oz. per gallon. I figure 38 gallon tank, I run it down to a 1/4 tank or so. Rond to 40 gallons, that means I fuel up with somewhere around 30 gallons. 1 quart/32 oz. per fillup seems about right. Not rocket science, but close enough for government work.

·
Midwestern4x4.com
49 Posts
well i got just over 20 highway cruise at 65 and 14.5-15.5 towing around town this summer, winter i have been getting 11-12 then last fill up 9.6 all town unloaded, something dont seem right

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.