Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i was talking to my dealer about the new trucks and when i would see one there, they weren't sure but they did say that at the meeting that the expected fuel economy would start with a 2. this is a reliable source, so anyone else heard other wise?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow , so it is very real?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
247 Posts
its still a powerstroke, id expect 12/15.....when its not in the shop :poke:

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
It's all in the piston bowls........ International should have wised up to the Cummins style bowls years ago..... Now we have Cummins technology in a Powerstroke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best I've ever gotten on my 6.0 was 19.1 on a best mileage run to the beach.
I'm usually getting 15.5 in mixed driving when not towing.
If the new truck could get better actual mileage I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
haha..figured that would get someone all fired up.
but ill still have to see it to belive it, im just getting tired of the let down of owning a powerstroke. it would be cool if ford could finally get an engine worth a sh!t though :D

·
brandon
778 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
if it realy gets that milleage i wont give a damn about the auto only bs, ill be driving one of the brand new trucks in a year or two.

·
Fummins 6.0
100 Posts
I can tell you all something from the Agriculture side, Agco tractor's recently went to urea injection side and it's SISU engine, but we've had 6 of these high horse tractors before going to a Urea injection unit, and we gainned 45 horse (thats a lot in a tractor because the torque is so high) and actually saw a 30 to 35% fuel eco. increase. --- no chips no programers no nothing stock VS. stock so I personally believe there really getting 17city and 22highway, there probablly not driving those truccks like we would but It'd have increase a lot

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
All urea motors are getting a significant improvement in fuel economy. Two reasons. Less egr and more in cylinder nox.

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
I can tell you all something from the Agriculture side, Agco tractor's recently went to urea injection side and it's SISU engine, but we've had 6 of these high horse tractors before going to a Urea injection unit, and we gainned 45 horse (thats a lot in a tractor because the torque is so high) and actually saw a 30 to 35% fuel eco. increase. --- no chips no programers no nothing stock VS. stock so I personally believe there really getting 17city and 22highway, there probablly not driving those truccks like we would but It'd have increase a lot
The companies going with CEGR & DPF instead of SCR for Tier 4A are going to be hurting for economy.

I've heard from someone who is communicates closely with some of the Tier4 AG application engineers that the pre-scr emissions (between engine/turbo and the SCR injection & reaction chamber) on a Tier4A engine could be close to Tier2 standards for most operating conditions.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts