Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"On, On, U of K"
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F250 PS, has no aftermarket on it yet, and i calculated my fuel milage for the last tank, and cringed when I saw the results.... 11 mpg. What are some things to check out?

·
"On, On, U of K"
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking its the fuel filter, air filter, or both. Brakes don't smell so I ruled that out. Where would the leaks occur that I could look at?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Check all the boots. Check the uppipes for soot.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
You forgot leaking fuel Rob. Look in the valley for a puddle of fuel.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
That is so true.

·
"On, On, U of K"
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also i have no muffler, just a pipe all the way. It was like that when i bought it. Would a lack of back pressure cause more fuel to be burt because its trying to catch up with the exhaust? I know thats good for HP, but is it robbing my torque and my fuel?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Also i have no muffler, just a pipe all the way. It was like that when i bought it. Would a lack of back pressure cause more fuel to be burt because its trying to catch up with the exhaust? I know thats good for HP, but is it robbing my torque and my fuel?
No.

From what I was told is that the turbo creates the needed backpressure.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Fill in your sig with info on the truck & it will be easier to help. Tire size, gear ratio, trans, etc.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
When was the last time you changed your air filter or fuel filter? All stock as you said the air filter barely breaths to begin with. When I first got mine it could pull down the vacuum gauge all the way with a single WOT run. How do you drive? It is likely a combo of things but to get that low there is likely one or two glaring issues.

Once you fix things take off easy to get up to speed keep your RPMs below 2000 when cruising. Lastly remember that every time you hit the brakes you will eventually have to hit the go pedal again so plan it.

You should get the codes pulled as well. There maybe some soft codes in there that may require action.

·
"On, On, U of K"
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What are your feelings on the Volant Cool Air? I was looking at AEM and Bully Dog as well. Have a TS 6 pos. flip on the way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts